Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mummy I want a baby!

Daughter: Mummy I want a baby
Me: *Looking surprised* Why?
Daughter: We are only two children in this house. Why can't we be more. I want a sister.
Son: I want a brother! Two brothers
Me: Why the sudden need for a baby? Why are you two asking for a baby? Who asked you to tell me this?
Daughter: Nobody. We just want a baby! *hands akimbo*

In order to put an end to this question and answer session. I excused myself and dashed into my room! These children are just amazing. See me see wahahla o! Just as I was thinking of the whole thing, my daughter came into the room and continued from where she stopped.
Daughter: Mummy you know you have 1 sister and 3 brothers. I have only 1 brother. Its not fair.
Me: (I had to hold myself from laughing). I thought we had concluded this conversation.
Daughter: No we have not! Why don't you want to have another baby?
Me: Its not that I don't want to have another baby. I felt we are okay like we are now. But maybe you should pray and tell God what you want. Remember, He is always there for you.
Daughter: Okay I'll pray. "Father Lord give my mummy another baby. In Jesus name I pray. Amen. Mummy say Amen.
Me: Amen.

This happened a couple of months ago!

The conversaion continued last month after I announced that a friend gave birth to a baby girl.
Daughter: That means Zee now has a baby. You see her mummy has given birth to a baby for her. Only you remaining!
Me: Don't worry you'll soon have a baby too.
Daughter: *looking very happy* Eh! So I will soon have my own baby. Thank God!
Me: Now are you happy?
Daughter: Yes I am happy!

The truth is that I just said it to dismiss her. But from the look of things, that was not a mere dismissal!

7 comments:

kay-shawn said...

You seem to be new around here! You know what I love about your blog that's missing in several blogs? It's well monetized. Welldone.
If only your daughter knew the intricate nature of having babies. Anyway, talking about love and relationships there's an interesting discussion on my blog and your contribution will be appreciated. Thanks

Dee! said...

If only she knows! Thanks for visiting and for your compliment.

LG said...

hehehehehehe
but there nothing wrong na
abegi give d baby anoda baby jor
hehehehehe

****tanks for d prayers

Dee! said...

LG: Na wa for you O! Anyway, I leave the whole thing for God Hand! It is well!
Wey my cake?

Charizard said...

liar liar mommy!

give dem a baby joo!

Dee! said...

Charizard: Thanks for visiting. I don hear you o!

Buttercup said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! havin 3 cant be that bad, can it?? lol...just do wat u want jere!

Related Posts with Thumbnails