Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scams!

Why do people waste their time on scams? Are there people out there who still fall for scams? Well I'm just wondering. . . and I sincerely hope nobody is still that gullible.

Two days ago I received a text which states thus:
"Congratulations, you have won N150,000 your no. is among the 42 lucky winners of la casera drink bonaza ticket no. 60.call 08069049283 to claim your prize"

Imagine! The scammer(s) must be . . . I am looking for the right word to post here . . . but I am short of words. The first thing I thought of doing was to send a text back for the scammer to try again! Well, I just chose to ignore the text.

Then again, some minutes ago, I received another text that reads thus:

"Congratulation you have won 10 000dollars or one gsmpaklogo you r pass is 0789 ; Call Now this number 0043820899395"

Now I know for certain that these people have lost it! O! After trying me with N150,000 they thought I'd move for 10,000! Chei! I really pity them. Another thing that turned me off was the fact that the scammers have a poor command of English language and grammar!

How can these fraudsters be brought to book? Any ideas?

21 comments:

aloted said...

first?? lol

make i go read..i dey come

aloted said...

LOL..Pele..
i was also going to blog on this once but never got round to it.. there was a time i was just getting 419 emails ..e.g someone died and they need an account to lodge the inheritance in...i was like shu!!!

me i dont have any ideas right now...i just tire for them!

OluwaDee said...

Yes oh, pple still fall 4 scams. U know there are many pple in the world, n not every1 knows about the techniques used by these scammers.

N yeah its a matter of catching someone in a moment of wealness.

archiwiz said...

Na wa ohh...So they've promoted to text messages? I remember when they used to call our house in Naija saying they had business for us...Stupid fellows.

Dee! said...

OLUWADEE: Welcome from the moon! How was your trip! Congratulations!

ARCHIWIZ: They are indeed stupid fellows. And hey! Thanks for stopping by.

aloted said...

nawa o..madam.
u know even acknowledge me or my comment..even after crossing all hurdles to come here to grace your post with my comment FIRST...lol.

is it because i said i no get ideas...;)

Dee! said...

ALOTED: Abeg no VEX! Chei! *slapping my head* How could I have skipped YOU! I think I should just . . . never mind what I'm thinking. No vex! Abi na which kind punishment I go serve?! lol

aloted said...

lol..hmm aww i have forgiven u already...lol..so no punishment.... this time :D

How u dey?

Dee! said...

Thanks! feel good now that I know I have been forgiven. Have a lovely weekend.

LG said...

Fire burn dem

Dee! said...

LG: Yes O! Make fire burn dem well well. Yeye people.

Have a lovely weekend!

aloted said...

chic...you don win award o...pls check my blog for details ;)

Emilia said...

There are people who do fall for those scams and that´s why some people still formulate those scams. Unfortunately it tarnishes the name of others who are not involved in the process people now tend to think that all Nigerians are crooks you know...
thanks for bringing up this subject and showing your distaste!

Dee! said...

EMILIA: I have always wondered why people fall for these scams! And I think only greedy people fall for such scams.

Thanks for stopping by.

Elle Woods said...

blogged bout this a while back...those ppl must think we r idiots or somn.
If anybody falls for it then they deserve it. Awoof dey run bele

Woomie O! said...

I got this text like this!!! and thhen soem mails as well. Dummies all.

Dee! said...

ELLE WOODS: Awoof dey run belle true true.

WOOMIE O!: They are indeed dummies! Thanks for stopping by.

Buttercup said...

lol...the second text made me laugh!

many people r still very gullible n greedy too..

i really dunno what can be done bout these scamers o..na God go catch them!

how r u jere?

Dee! said...

I'd say a big AMEN to your prayers Buttercup. I am fine jare! How are you?

Abujamaiden said...

My Dad got one of those kind of messages and called back to say that they called lyk EFCC's helpline....lol! It never repeated itself.

Dee! said...

ABUJAMAIDEN: LOL! I can imagine! They will NEVER pull that stunt with your Dad's line again. Yeye jobless job men!

Related Posts with Thumbnails