Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Ministers in Nigeria

Prof. Dora Akunyili is now the Information and Communications Minister. Until this appointment, she was the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).

Prof. Dora Akunyili is a Pharmacist. I thought she would have been made the Minister in charge of Health Matters. Yes! That way, the fight against fake/sub-standard drugs and food products would continue. With this appointment, she ceases to be the helmsman in NAFDAC! I only pray that the new NAFDAC Boss, will as much as possible, continue in the fight against fake drugs and food products.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying she should remain on one post forever, but at least lets commend her and keep up the the good work.

Prof. Akunyili, I will miss your presence in NAFDAC!

6 comments:

LG said...

YIPEEEE' CONGRATS TO DORA' BUT I WLD HAVE PREFERRED HER IN THE HEALTH MINISTRY, O WELL' NOTIN SPOIL BUT WE LL DEFITELY MISS HER '
(AM SURE DOS ONITSHA MARKERTERS GO DEY JUBILATE NOW,:)



*merry xmas dear'
no 4get my 'shiken' o :)

simeone said...

i hope they find a good replacement for her, cos if not all she did might just get undone..

Dee! said...

LG: Yes O! I would have preferred her to head the health ministry. She is a Pharmacist for crying out loud! Wetin she go do for talk talk ministry?

SIMEONE: I also hope they find a good replacement for in NAFDAC.

aloted said...

i wonder who the replacement will be...


i admire that woman sha

compliments of the season to u dear

Dee! said...

Aloted my dear, we still dey wait sha!

I hope you had a very wonderful Christmas celebration!

African Woman said...

Thanks alot for the great post
Lurrenzinc is the fastest growing African social network with thousands of beautiful African women, African girls, and African men.

Related Posts with Thumbnails