Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Okada in Naija

For those who do not know, there is a new law in Nigeria ensuring that all okada (motor bike) riders and their passengers wear a protective helmet. The interesting thing now is that most okada riders I see now are wearing "hard hats" instead of "helmets".

Some okada riders are even improvising by using an empty paint bucket, like the one in the picture below.

I received this picture in my mail and I felt I should share the laugh! Notice that this rider has another "hard hat" strapped to his motor bike, he just chose to use an empty paint bucket!

11 comments:

tobenna said...

So it was you that put this picture up too?
Dee!
Hope you are keeping well!
I just wonder it they will give their passengers this to wear also.

Have a lovely year.

Writefreak said...

Oh Dee! That really cracked me up!]
How're you doing girl?

Olufunke said...

Funny,

I think someone just wanted to make us all laugh, the guy actually had aan helmet.
I have had fun this year.......seeing different 'head gears' in the name of crash helmet

Dee! said...

TOBENNA: Yes O! Most passengers are not wearing the "helmet". Well, lets see how long this lasts in Lagos.

Have a lovely year too!

WRITEFREAK: LOL! I fine. How are you?

OLUFUNKE: Yeah! Very funny! My sister, the "head gears" we see in the name of helmet is enough to make a sad face burst out laughing!

Abujamaiden said...

Haha, they ban okada completely in Abuja (main city) but when they started the helmet policy years back passengers refused to wear the Okada rider's helmets for fear of dissapearing (Juju sturves)...

rayo said...

how did he get the paint bucket to fit? orisirisi

aloted said...

LOL wonders shall never cease!

bumight said...

i think this has to be the most popular pic on the internet now!

Chari said...

HAHA! mehn yeah all is hard hat...but aint complaing though.....who wants to catch head lice?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

i just can never stop laughing when I see that picture. We cannot blame the okada man for trying.

Buttercup said...

lmao!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails