Friday, September 25, 2009

Gist

Sometime ago, I was informed that there was in circulation, contaminated beans. Immediately, I ensured that the proteinous legume was not included in any meal I eat or prepare! That means no more "moi-moi", no more "akara".

Just as I was adjusting to a non-beans diet, I received a text from a friend of mine. The text reads thus:                    
"Pls avoid eating apple for now.
        News said there are so many people
        in d hospital now. Pls pass it on."
All I could say was "very soon there will be nothing left for us to eat". As if to buttress this "fact", I received an email that the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has warned that nobody should eat apples for sometime. This really got me worried because I love apples, afterall, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away".

Well the good news here is that there is a press release from NAFDAC stating that they never issued any alert warning the public against eating apples! In a statement by the Director-General of NAFDAC, Dr. Paul Orhii, NAFDAC promised to launch a full-scale investigation into the matter. Please read full story here.

OTHER GISTS
In another story published in the Vanguard newspaper recently, a couple were accused of "plucking" out the eyes of another man because he refused to move out of the flat. This, I call "man inhumanity to man". For more on this, click here.

In another strange but true story, I read about a 61 years old American woman, Penelope Sharon Jordan, who hid the body of her dead mother for almost 6 years! She did this to enable her collect her mother's pension! What was she thinking of? She is 61 years old! Read the full story here.

10 comments:

simeone said...

..ma comment seems to have vanished...
howz baby dee...? trust you are doing great..
yeah.heard the apple gist,,i guess its for a while..
cheers

Myne Whitman said...

I love the picture of that akara and moi moi. No more beans? I weak oo. LOL. Na bad belle ppl start the apple one.

First time here but I'll be back.

Writefreak said...

I heard the apple one too, my pastor even announced it in church...lol..only for hubby to get back and tell me there was a counter news...thank God, i love apples!
Wonders shall never cease, hiding her mother's dead body for 6 years! Jesus Christ!

Dee! said...

SIMEONE: No mind blogger jare. Baby Dee! is doing great. Thank you. Yeah I feel the apple gist is for a while. And as long as that "while" last, I will stay off apples! You know there is no rumour without some elements of truth!

How you dey sha? Stay blessed!

MYNE WHITMAN: Na wa o! Imagine staying off beans for a long time! I don't know what to think about the apple gist again.

Thanks for visiting and please do come back. Stay blessed.

WRITEFREAK: LOL! I also LOVE apples... but my sister I no go lie, I have not eaten an apple for almost a week now! Hmmmm!

That lady needs a psychiatric evaluation!

Stay blessed.

HYAW said...

I also heard that apple gist. i used to think beans was everyone's worst food.

Dee! said...

HYAW: What did you do when you heard the apple gist?

Yeah! Beans might not be on the list of favourites, but I find myself craving for beans sometimes. lol

Rita said...

Apples!!! Not Apples...

LOL @ the gist of the 61 year old woman...cant believe it :-)

Dee! said...

Rita yes o! APPLES!

No mind the old woman!

Afronuts said...

Ive been hearing this news too.

lol...its true an apple a day keeps the doctor away but do u know that the apples brought into naija are not grown naturally? I even heard some people artificially grow them and use chemicals to ripen them

Dee! said...

AFRONUTS: You don't say! You mean the apples I have been eating are not properly grown?! Chei! This is getting really scary! Na wa o!

Related Posts with Thumbnails