Monday, November 29, 2010

Bad Roads = Traffic Jam!

Elections are round the corner. So many politicians are garnering all they can in order to make it. However, for those who have no interest to be "re-elected" are just sitting back doing NOTHING! There are so many bad roads within the area I live. I live in Isolo, and I can state categorically that there are more pot holes/craters on the route I pass, than smooth roads.

One of such bad spot is the road by the Five Star bus stop down where Emzor Plc. is located. This road has other Companies and it links to the popular Aswani market. That road is so bad that on an average day, after work, it takes at least 1 hour to drive through that stretch of road.

For starters, this road is very close to the Isolo LCDA Office! I have always asked (nobody in particular) "what is the Chairman of the Isolo LCDA doing?

        
                     

However, on my way to work this morning, I notice that these bad spots had been patched. The patch work is such that I'd describe as a shoddy work. With the volume of traffic on that road, that patched road will carve in again!

The next bad point I want to address is the Jakande Estate at the Ejigbo LDCA. The road leading into the Estate is very bad! So bad that the ripple effect is felt even along the Isolo/Mushin Road! I do not have pictures of that road, but I was told that something is being done. For how long? I wonder.

I am a tax payer. Every month I pay as I earn, a quantum of my salary is paid as tax! Why can't I enjoy something as basic as good road or even stable power supply?

Some time ago (not too long ago) I read a tweet purportedly posted by the Governor of Lagos State. It was to the effect that anyone who knows of any bad road should call these numbers: 07098107021 / 07023326147. The alternative was to go online and fill a form stating your name; residential address and telephone number.

So, my fellow Lagosians, if you know of any bad road call or go online to make a report.

Ekó ó ni baje o!
Related Posts with Thumbnails